Sysmex Delphic AP is software designed by Sysmex to completely fulfil the unique demands of pathology processing and reporting workflows.
Delphic AP manages all stages from request to report for specialised disciplines, making it ideal for all diagnostic work areas that require detailed, end-to-end workflow management and sophisticated reporting.
Today, Delphic AP is used by pathology staff in a wide range of work areas:
- Electron Microscopy
- Molecular Anatomical Pathology
- Molecular Genetics
- Non-coronial mortuary
- Forensic Pathology Mortuary
Tailored to suit
Sysmex understand that one size fits all approach does not work when it comes to anatomical pathology and Delphic AP has provided a system that enables tailored workflows for specific organs, different workflows and a range of disciplines.
By facilitating the capture and reporting of gross, microscopic, chemical, immunologic and molecular examination of organs and tissues, Delphic AP provides a single solution for all of the Anatomical Pathology workflows and the staff that work within these departments:
- Admin / secretarial / transcription staff
- Histo-technologists / scientists
Delphic AP manages all steps through laboratory processing in the pathology lab. From the point of receipt of the specimen through blocking, cut-up, staining to issue to the pathologist for review.
Delphic AP interfaces to automated instrumentation – cassette and slide writers plus staining machines streamlining the laboratory workflow.
Advantages of the Delphic AP Laboratory Workflow
- Paperless. Eliminates the need for printed worklists
- Supports single in-line specimen processing ensuring greater accuracy and reduced possibility of human error
- Reduced lab identification errors through Barcoding
- Eliminates manual work – automatic labelling of slides and cassettes
- Creates a full Specimen Tracking System. At any stage in the Delphic AP workflow you can scan the barcode to see the exact stage of the request and the individual specimen details.
- Touch screen compatible. Barcode scanners and PC’s at each lab step removes the need for keyboard entry
- My Work – each lab work station can see at a glance their work
- Improves efficiencies in the AP department by eliminating and reducing the repetitive efforts
- Full audit trail means that lab staff can instantly see who performed which procedure.
Pathology reporting is complex and must meet high-standards, quality and compliance requirements. Delphic AP has been designed to support every requirement and create sophisticated, accurate reports.
The reporting stage in Delphic AP offers pathologists advanced features:
Automatic capturing of all information assets
- Digital dictation technologies, decreased transcription work
- Comprehensive text editing tools and complete image and diagram management
- AP imaging integration, clinical images and request form images (stored in PACS or the Delphic AP reporting database)
- Auto code – Automatic SNOMED identification
- Support for Bethesda and ICD coding
- Structured/Synoptic reporting*
- Standardises pathology reporting
- Improves overall report completeness and quality of data
- Easier to decipher than narrative or paragraphs
- Improves communication among healthcare providers
- Facilitates decision-making for treatment
- Can improve pathology report turnaround time
- Discrete data elements allows data extraction and statistical analysis by labs and cancer registries (quality management, research, patterns, etc.)
* support reporting protocols for Royal College of Pathologists , College of American Pathologists, reporting protocols
Reporting Support tools
- Seamless access to the EMR and core LIS for previous result access and test ordering
- Manage and order retrospective review on previous patient work get a full patient history and review slides / useful for quality control purposes
- Refer work and reports to another pathologist for review or to an external laboratory (fully audited)
- Improved clarity and completeness in surgical path reports
- Built-in check of reports to ensure they are error-free and there is no outstanding lab work processing
- Pathology signoff of electronic reports once returned from secretarial team/transcriptionist
- Integrated with your EMR – provides immediate availability to clinician
- HL7 delivery to the core LIS (supports PDF)
- Supports Email, fax and print delivery as required
- Decreases paper report printing and streamlines distribution
- Generate billing data (HL7 billing message or export to a txt file) for integration with the billing system of your choice
- Provides a detailed audit trail – tracks each action from initial request through to report signout.
All data is seamlessly integrated form the Domino server to a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) which is the Delphic AP Management Reporting database
This means you get the best of both worlds. The flexibility of the notes platform and the benefits of a relational database:
- RDBMS (Oracle 11g or SQL Server).
- Data from Delphic AP (patient demographics; test orders; processing and results) is exported into the Data Warehouse
- Efficiently manage the data extraction
- Produce statistical information for laboratory management reports, clinical/pathologic reports, workload stats, turnaround reports, auditing, patient disease states
- Enables your laboratory to meet compliance and reporting standards
Delphic AP’s Tissue Management module enables anatomical pathology labs to respect patient rights and family request for handling patient tissues and body parts.
The module manages the storage, disposal and return of human tissue and body parts following the completion of laboratory work. It also enables laboratory staff to automate the creation of “return to patient” letters to complement this process.
SA Pathology Case Study – This case study steps through the laboratory workflow at SA Pathology, Flinders Medical Centre (FMC) and describes how Delphic AP is integral to the management of patient cases. The SA Pathology team use Delphic AP at each workflow step from receipt of the request to final report signoff.
**Delphic AP is not a medical device as it does not have a therapeutic purpose.**